Team CRI is racing the 127th Boston Marathon in support of its Para Rowing and Let’s Row Boston Programs for the continuing development of our inclusion programs.
CRI Boston Marathon teammates share a memorable experience with:
- Training support from Dan Fitzgerald, co-founder of Heartbreak Hill Running Company and founder and coach of the Heartbreakers running club. Dan will provide both local and remote training options
- Fundraising support including an online fundraising page, goal planning, communication templates, and more
- Special events for you and your guests leading up to the marathon and on the weekend of the race
- Access to complimentary tickets to the Red Sox game on Patriots' Day
- Guaranteed room reservation at The Colonnade Hotel
- Marathon Team Gear
Community Rowing, Inc. (CRI) was founded in Boston in 1985 by a group of Olympic and National Team rowers who wanted to expand access and increase diversity within the sport of rowing. Today, CRI is among the largest public access rowing organizations in the world with more than 10,000 active participants. At CRI, we invite individuals of all backgrounds, abilities and experience to grow through rowing.
This year, our charity runners will support two programs that achieve this objective:
- The Let's Row Middle School program brings rowing into 40 schools in Boston as part of their physical education curriculum. Adolescence is a critical time for teens and is particularly challenging for students in under-resourced communities. Let’s Row participants come from Boston Public Schools across the city where 71% of students are economically disadvantaged. The program serves about 5,000 youth from ages 12 to 19, and includes academic tutoring and guidance on the college application process.
- Para & Adaptive Rowing opens rowing to approximately 150 people with physical and cognitive disabilities annually, who row both indoors and on the water and enjoy an enhanced feeling of well-being, independence and health. Over the past six years, CRI has emerged as the leader in innovation and advocacy for para rowing. Our staff develop custom equipment, crafted onsite, that improves the athletes experience and enables para athletes to row on more of an equal playing field with people of all abilities.
Community Rowing is thrilled to have athletes fundraising for the Boston Marathon in support of these programs. We look forward to meeting our next group of runners.
Officially qualified participants who are already entered in the 127th Boston Marathon that wish to raise funds for Community Rowing may still do so using the learn more button below.